We have an exciting opportunity for an Embedded Software Engineer located in Dieppe, NB. Working within the R&D team, the Embedded Software Engineer is responsible for programming embedded software, software development, debugging, and software design.
- Assist in the design and development of firmware and software to support all existing Nanoptix products, production and test equipment;
- Collaborate with the rest of the Nanoptix R&D team on enhancements and new product development;
- Provide guidance for less senior team members;
- Manage/Provide support to sub-contractors when/if required;
- Provide detailed weekly reports per company requirements;
- Use documented best practices for code development;
- Document issues using GitLab;
- Help troubleshoot customer issues, and;
- Assist customers with regulatory approvals.
- Knowledge of C#, VB
- Be able to operate an Oscilloscope
- Lottery and Gaming industry experience
- Familiar with MATLAB
- Windows/Linux Print Spooler experience
- Serial/USB Data capture & analysis experience
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Proficient embedded C programming
- Experience with ARM, DSP microcontrollers
- Experience with RS-232 Serial and USB Communication Protocols
- Linux Kernel device driver development experience
- Windows (Code Composer, Visual Studio), Linux (Debian, Buildroot) development experience
- Development experience with real-time operating systems
- Ability to read and understand advanced electronic circuit and other technical schematics
- Expertise in Embedded Software Programming and Embedded Software;
- Experience in Software Development and Debugging;
- Familiarity with Software Design;
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams;
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot technical issues;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Experience with gaming, lottery, or kiosk technologies is preferred;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field;
- Good knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Teams, Outlook, etc…) is required for this position;
- Strong analytical skills, using data to determine trends and clear communication are considered strong assets for this position;
- Preference will be given to bilingual candidates (French and English); and;
- Must be legally able to work in Canada.
Although we appreciate all applications, please note that we will only respond to qualified/shortlisted candidates.
Work With Us
What we can offer you:
- A competitive compensation package:
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits paid by employer
- Generous vacation / paid time off allowance
- Profit Sharing
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and contribution to company success.
- Flexible hours to support work/life balance
- Diverse team with a wide range of experience and expertise;
- Exposure to a variety of projects;
- Support to develop skills and pursue projects related to your own interests;
- Collaboration between multiple disciplines and levels of expertise;
- Free parking;
The Moncton-Dieppe-Riverview New Brunswick region is a diverse, bustling Community with excellent access to all modern services and offering something for everyone to enjoy including nearby natural wonders of Atlantic Canada (beaches, national parks, biking/hiking near land and sea).
How to apply:
Nanoptix is a global provider of thermal printing solutions and technologies for the gaming, lottery, kiosk, POS and amusement industries. Nanoptix has earned a reputation of excellent value and customer support, with superior technology at a very competitive price. Founded in 1996 and headquartered in Dieppe, New Brunswick, Canada, Nanoptix designs and manufactures a diverse portfolio of printing solutions and self-service terminals. Our products meet the demands of high-volume transaction environments and the reliability needed by our customers. Nanoptix has developed a global presence in the industry and serves customers on 6 continents. We sell our products and services to original equipment manufacturers, distributors and end-users located throughout the world.
Our mission is to provide our customers with the most advanced, reliable and innovative printing solutions and technologies in the marketplace. In an ever-evolving gaming industry, we strive to deliver value to our customers through strong engineering, design and quality manufacturing.
Our vision is to be the gaming industry’s most trusted innovation leader by leveraging knowledge and experience, early adoption of technology trends while embracing change.
People: A company is only as good as the members of its team. We believe in our people first and in giving them the opportunity to grow and to excel.
Safety: We are committed to maintain a safe, pleasant, and healthy environment where we respect our people and foster a culture of diversity and inclusion.
Sustainability: We believe in sustainable and responsible growth and are committed to the betterment of our communities, our people and the environment.
Trust: We believe that we must earn the trust of our customers by forging long-term partnerships through respectful, ethical and collaborative business practices and work together to solve gaming industry challenges.
You can view postings on our website under Careers/Carrières: www.nanoptix.com